FREE LIVE WEBINAR
Addressing Addiction Issues Among Veterans
Thursday, October 12, 2017
9:00 am pacific | 12:00 pm Eastern
Attend this webinar to gain insight into specific veteran issues within the context of addiction treatment. Understand the role physicians and other medical professionals can play to better serve this special population. The webinar will examine specific tools and resources for clinicians treating patients with substance use disorders, and is targeted toward clinicians, physicians, academicians, and other addiction medicine professionals who regularly interact with veterans.
Join ASAM and experts from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) for this special learning opportunity.
Learn how to:
- Explain the impact of the opioid epidemic on the veteran population
- Describe the unique issues veterans may encounter during treatment
- Appraise which treatment tools are available and appropriate for the veteran population
- Discern comorbidities within the veteran population and specific tools to treat co-occurring substance use disorders
- Grasp a veteran’s perspective on treatment of substance use disorders
- Recognize the role of trauma and pain and the implications for treating and screening a veteran for substance use disorder
- Anthony P. Albanese, MD, DFASAM, Affiliations Officer, Dept. of Veterans Affairs; Clinical Professor of Medicine, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Ismene Leonida Petrakis, MD, NIAAA Institutional Research Training Program; Yale University School of Medicine
- Raye Z. Litten, PhD, Acting Division Director, Division of Medications Development, NIAAA